Friday, January 10, 2014

Message of the Month

Message of the month

After a long vacation I'm back to reality. Trust me, when I go on vacation, I really go on vacation. This time I enjoyed it more. This first sentence seems very vague but I hope you can relate.
As most people, I decide to come up with my own 2014 resolutions. I have only 2.

Number 1, be more positive!

Life itself is interesting. So I  now choose to see the glass half full. I came up with a game called " at least". When something not so great happens, I add "at least" and come up with something good out of it. For example, while traveling back home my flight was delayed ( I was pissed ), " at least" it wasn't cancelled, "at least I was able to sit down and enjoy a meal before a long flight".  With that being said, I decided to try a little harder and see things from a different perspective. It's not easy but "at least" I'm trying.

Number 2, be more compassionate.

Compassion is tough " at least " I'm trying.  It's tough because compassion deals with your consciousness. It's a way of feeling sorry for others with a desire to help them. Honestly, I don't think everybody should be helped because people have "the gift" of putting themselves in bad situations. However, this year I want to see people in a different way. I want to see what's behind their motives and why they do things the way they do. Of course it is not a way of finding an excuse for what people do, but, instead a different approach. I believe I will learn more about others and also from them. I want compassion to help me be a better individual so I can help and understand people better ( whatever the situation is).

I think 2 resolutions are plenty. I can barely deal with my own house ( lol ). As the year dances itself across the months, I will keep you all updated on how that's gonna work.

... and that's my 1st blog of the year.
What is your resolution?

xoxo
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment